Traveling through the beautiful landscapes of Armenia is a breathtaking experience. One of the most convenient ways to explore the country is to rent a car in Armenia, giving you the freedom to traverse its stunning natural scenery and visit its historical sites at your own pace. This rental car border crossing guide will help you understand the rules, regulations, and requirements for taking your rental car across borders into neighboring countries.
Countries Allowed for Traveling by Rental Car
When you rent a car in Armenia, there are some neighboring countries where you are allowed to drive. These countries include:
It's important to note that not all rental car companies may permit you to travel to these countries. Always check with your chosen provider to ensure that cross-border travel is permitted.
Countries Not Allowed for Traveling by Rental Car
Due to various reasons such as political tensions or insurance restrictions, driving your rental car from Armenia to the following countries is not allowed:
Border Crossing Locations
There are several border crossing points when traveling from Armenia to neighboring countries:
- Bagratashen-Sadakhlo (Georgia)
- Bavra-Ninotsminda (Georgia)
- Gogavan-Tsalka (Georgia)
- Meghri-Norduz (Iran)
Rules and Required Documents
To ensure a smooth border crossing experience, make sure to prepare the following documents:
- Passport with valid visa (if required)
- International Driving Permit
- Vehicle registration document
- Rental agreement
- Insurance certificate (Green Card)
Keep in mind that you may be subject to customs checks, and you may need to declare your vehicle and pay any applicable fees.
Returning the Rental Car
Before crossing the border, confirm with your rental car provider where you are required to return the vehicle. Some companies may allow you to return the car at a location in the destination country, while others might require you to bring it back to the original rental location in Armenia.
Tips for Drivers
- Familiarize yourself with the traffic rules and regulations of the countries you'll be visiting.
- Always carry your important documents with you, as you may need to present them at border checkpoints.
- Ensure that your rental car is in good condition, and carry out regular maintenance checks during your trip.
- Plan your route in advance, taking into consideration border crossing hours, and potential delays due to traffic or other factors.