Renting a car in Austria is the best way to discover the country's stunning landscapes and picturesque towns.
Fuel Prices in Austria
As of April 2023, the fuel prices in Austria are as follows:
- 92 gasoline: 1.45 EUR/liter
- 95 gasoline: 1.55 EUR/liter
- 98 gasoline: 1.65 EUR/liter
- Diesel: 1.40 EUR/liter
- Gas (LPG): 0.95 EUR/liter
Fuel Stations in Austria
Fuel stations are widely available in Austria, particularly in urban areas and along major highways. However, in more remote, mountainous regions, such as the Alps, fuel stations can be scarce. It's a good idea to fill up your tank before embarking on a scenic drive through these areas.
Most fuel stations in Austria operate from 6 AM to 10 PM, although some are open 24/7, especially along highways. Credit and debit cards are widely accepted, but it's always a good idea to carry some cash in case you encounter a station that doesn't accept cards.
Austria boasts a well-developed network of electric vehicle charging stations, supported by the government's commitment to clean energy.
Where Locals Prefer to Fuel in Austria
Austrian locals generally prefer to fuel up at well-known chains like OMV, BP, and Shell. These fuel stations offer competitive prices, high-quality fuel, and additional services such as convenience stores, restrooms, and car washes.
Tips for Drivers
- Familiarize yourself with the locations of fuel stations along your route, particularly when driving through the Alps.
- Consider using a credit card with cashback or rewards for fuel purchases to save some money.
- Observe local speed limits and traffic rules to avoid fines and ensure a safe driving experience.