Rent a car in Corfu and embrace the freedom to explore the island's beautiful landscapes, beaches, and historical sites at your own pace. As you set off on your journey, be aware of the cost of fuel and the locations of fuel stations to make your trip as smooth as possible.
Fuel Prices in Corfu
Here are the approximate prices for different types of fuel in Corfu:
- 92 gasoline: €1.45/liter
- 95 gasoline: €1.55/liter
- 98 gasoline: €1.65/liter
- Diesel: €1.35/liter
- Gas (LPG): €0.85/liter
Fuel Stations in Corfu
There is a good number of fuel stations in Corfu, with most concentrated around Corfu Town and along the main roads. In more remote areas, such as the mountainous villages or smaller coastal towns, fuel stations can be sparse, so plan your refueling stops accordingly.
Most fuel stations in Corfu operate from 7 AM to 9 PM, with some offering 24-hour service. Major credit and debit cards are accepted at most stations, but it's always a good idea to carry some cash in case of card machine issues.
As for electric or hybrid cars, charging stations are still limited on the island. However, the number is slowly increasing, and some hotels offer charging facilities for their guests.
Where Locals Prefer to Fuel in Corfu
Locals in Corfu tend to prefer larger chain fuel stations such as EKO, BP, and Shell for their competitive prices, reliability, and additional services like car washes and mini-markets. These stations can be found in and around Corfu Town and along the main roads.
Tips for Drivers
- Always keep an eye on your fuel gauge and plan your refueling stops, especially when driving in remote areas.
- Carry some cash for emergencies or in case a fuel station does not accept cards.
- Check the opening hours of fuel stations when planning your route.
- Look for fuel discounts or promotions, often available at larger fuel station chains.
- Be cautious when driving on narrow roads or in mountainous areas, as they can be challenging.
- Abide by local traffic laws and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.