Tskaltubo is a charming town in western Georgia that is known for its natural hot springs and unique Soviet-era architecture. Visitors can explore a variety of interesting sites, including ancient caves, abandoned sanatoriums, and beautiful parks. Legends and stories abound in this fascinating town, adding to its intrigue and mystique.
Places of Interest in Tskaltubo
- Tskaltubo Spa Resort - once a popular destination for Soviet elite
- Prometheus Cave - an underground cave system with stunning stalactites and stalagmites
- The Tskaltubo Museum - showcases the town's history and culture
- Stalin's Secret Bunker - a hidden underground bunker built during the Cold War
- Gelati Monastery - a UNESCO World Heritage Site with beautiful frescoes and architecture
- The Martvili Canyon - a stunning natural gorge with waterfalls and turquoise waters
Where to Eat
- Puri Guliani - a local bakery with delicious freshly baked bread and pastries
- Dzveli Ubani - a traditional Georgian restaurant with a cozy atmosphere and tasty local cuisine
- Sashishi Dukani - a popular cafe with great coffee and light bites
Where to Stay in Tskaltubo
- Tskaltubo Spa Resort - a luxurious hotel with access to the natural hot springs
- Hotel Victoria - a comfortable and affordable option with friendly staff and great amenities
Best Time to Visit Tskaltubo
The best time to visit Tskaltubo is during the summer months from June to September when the weather is warm and dry.
The closest city to rent a car for visiting Tskaltubo is Kutaisi. Renting a car is a great way to explore the town and surrounding areas, offering flexibility and convenience for visitors.