By using LocalCarHires website, you entrust us with the information that can be used to identify you as a person and grant us the right to process it. If you don’t agree to provisions of this Policy, we will be unable to provide you services. If you have any questions or comments about your privacy, you should contact us.
Why we collect information about you
- To process your rental booking correctly, including passing some information on to car rental providers.
- To gather statistics regarding customer behavior in order to improve our services.
- To recognise website visitors.
We take all appropriate technical measures and good industry practice to protect your personal information across our physical premises/servers.
Type of data we collect
- Telephone Number
- Social networks and messengers
- Email Address
- Your IP address, browser type and operating system
Sources of your Personal Data
We collect all of your Personal Data directly from you, for example, when you complete the data required for booking or register on our website.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Access to your Personal Data is limited to those employees and rental providers who need access to it in order to provide you with service and communicate with you (this may include marketing communications).
How secure is your Personal Data
We use all appropriate organizational and technical means to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Data. We only use encrypted connections. You will always be asked to enter your CVV code for every booking.
Your rights under the data protection laws
You may have some of the following rights in respect of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact your Data Controller (contacts below).
- Obtain information on whether we process your Personal Data (including type and purposes of use).
- Request changes (if your data has changed, or is inaccurate).
- Restrict processing of your Personal Data (we will not be able to provide you with services).
- Port Personal Data (all data will be provided to you in a mutually agreed format).
- Delete Personal Data (we will not be able to provide you with services).
- Lodge a complaint (if we process your Personal Data in violation of laws and regulations).
In relation to this website, your data controller will be LocalCarHires OÜ (Estonian registration number 14464370) which collected your Personal Data. If you have any complaints or queries relating to the processing of your Personal Information or to exercise any rights in respect of your Personal Information, you should contact us by email: email@example.com or by post: Harju maakond, Tallinn, Kesklinna linnaosa, Tuukri tn 19-315, 10152.
Cookies are items of information that your browser saves in a file on your device. Cookies allow to customize the website and its contents to your needs.
The cookies we use on our website do not store data that could directly identify you as a person.
- Track user activity on our website
- Monitor and manage website traffic
- Collect demographic information about our user base
- Protect our customers and prevent fraudulent activities
- Advertise campaigns and promotions, and determine their success.
- Improve design and our selection of offers.
Controlling and deleting cookies
If you want to restrict or block cookies on our website, you can do so by changing your internet browser settings. If you block or delete cookies, our website may not operate as intended.